Published May 2017 | Price: £20 (PDF download) | 24 pages | Buy below or purchase subscription to access all online content
Coatings is a key target market for graphene materials. The sector is continually driven not only by technology innovation, especially related to cost and maintenance saving, but also environmental and regulatory pressure. Therefore coatings developers are naturally seeking new materials that offer more bang for their buck. Graphene has already found it’s way into anti-corrosion coating systems, with this month’s Graphene Magazine producer profile, The Sixth Element, selling graphene additives to product developers in this market. We examine the potential impact of these coatings in the marine and oil and gas sectors. The last month has also witnessed some interesting graphene product launches and new production processes.
Graphene investment and funding news
- Funding for graphene based fuel forming catalysts.
- Developing advanced graphene nanocomposites for the Indian market.
- Collaboration on graphene for composites.
- Indian graphene company receives funding.
Graphene business, product and research news
- Silicon-graphene anodes for the next generation of lithium-ion batteries.
- Paper-like graphene membrane.
- Pilot biomass graphene production line.
- Outstanding concrete strength test results using graphene.
- Graphene-based sensors.
- Synthesis of graphene oxide.
- Graphene textiles product launch.
- Funding for graphene batteries for power tools.
- Graphene in automotive composites.
- Upscaling graphene devices.
Market focus: Graphene in the anti-corrosion coatings
- Market drivers
- Green anti-corrosion coatings.
- The oil and gas market.
- The marine market.
- Companies developing graphene anti-corrosion coating systems.
Graphene in electronics and spintronics
- Graphene for energy efficient optoelectronic devices.
- Graphene quantum computing.
- Controlling electron spin can lower contact resistance in graphene electronics for high performance devices.
- Graphene to generate complex and controllable sound signals for speakers.
- 2-D van der Waals crystals for nanoscale memory, spintronic devices, and magnetic sensors.
Graphene producer profile: The Sixth Element Materials Technology Inc., Ltd.
- Production capacities.