Published: March 21 2017 | 31 pages | Buy below or purchase subscription to access all online content
In this issue
Market focus: Graphene in batteries and supercapacitors
Nanostructured carbon materials are being developed as electrode materials for energy storage devices such as supercapacitors or batteries. Supercapacitor devices are important for energy storage due to their higher power density, longer cycle life than secondary batteries and their higher energy density compared to conventional dielectric capacitors. Carbon nanotubes (CNTs), graphene, carbon nanofibers, carbon nanohorns (CNH), carbon nanoonions (CNOs) are finding their way into commercial products electrode materials, either in an electric double layer capacitor as the carbon electrode or in pseudocapacitors that employ a composite of highly conducting carbon with a material such as metal oxide polymers. They will play an important role in the next generation of flexible electronics devices and energy harvesting.
Covered in this feature article are:
- Graphene in lithium-ion batteries (LIB)
- Graphene in lithium-air batteries
- Graphene in Sodium-ion batteries
- Graphene Supercapacitors
- Profiles of over 25 product developers in graphene batteries and supercapacitors
- Recent product news.
Investment and funding news
- Funding and research agreements in graphene, February-March 2017.
Graphene product news
- Graphene-based ultracapacitors.
- Graphene quantum dots.
- Graphene based lithium-ion battery.
- Graphene lead-acid batteries.
- Graphene biosensors.
- Graphene oilfield recovery additives.
- Graphene membranes for lithium-ion batteries.
- Graphene sunglasses.
- Graphene textiles.
- Graphene vanadium redox batteries.
- Graphene wastewater treatment technology.
- World’s first graphene lithium-ion AA rechargeable batteries.
Graphene business round-up
- New graphene synthesis methods.
- Next-generation infrared detector based on graphene.
- Transparent, flexible cryogenic temperature sensor using graphene.
- New graphene purification technique.
- Organic light-emitting diode electrodes from graphene.
- Smart contact lenses.
- Graphene phone charger.
- Graphene mass production technology.
- Graphene oxide sensors.
- Graphene Oxide mass production.
- Multi-Layer Graphene.
Graphene medical news
- Graphene lab-on-skin sensors.
- Graphene DNA probes.
- Graphene cancer diagnostics.
- Sweat-based glucose monitoring and maintenance device.
Graphene producer profile
- South Korean graphene producer Standard Graphene.
Government, regulation, funding and policy news
- Regulating nanomaterials in the EU.
- Nano safety roadmap.
- South Korea invest in graphene.
- New UK funding.